Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Shopping...with RA



Wow, I can’t believe I slacked off last week.  Wooops.

Back to reality!

I used to really enjoy going shopping.  I could walk for miles around a mall or shopping center and smell all of the new clothes, shoes, trinkets, kitchen items, candy, oh boy, I could go on and on.

Now, I get tired very quickly if I even enter the grocery store, let alone a mall.  I have turned to online shopping a lot.  The problem with online shopping is that I can’t try things on to make sure they fit.  Nor I can compare cosmetic shades to my skin.  I have had many fails of getting the wrong color of foundation, lipstick, eyeliner… It’s so frustrating.  I feel like I have to choose between my back and feet hurting as I browse cosmetics, or ordering online and getting the wrong color which either forces me to stand in line at the post office to return the products, or lose money buying the wrong products.

I have found something awesome to help me, at least with the cosmetic problems.  I have subscribed to a few beauty subscription boxes to see if I can find some items that I love.  I get to try many different items, and it’s so fun getting surprises in the mail!!!

I decided to start small and I began with the Walmart BeautyBox.  It was so perfect!!!  The best thing in there was this L’Oreal True Match shade finder.  You peel off the stickers and put it on your skin to see which one matches the closest.  Apparently I am a W1.  This was awesome because I would have chosen a different color if I was looking at this online.  So fun!

This is genius!
I have gotten a couple of other boxes, and while there has been some fun things, this L’Oreal True Match shade finder has been the most helpful in my quest to make life with RA a little bit easier.  Oh, and if I end uo getting something I absolutely don't like, I can try to swap it here.

Happy thoughts and Smiles!

Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment